So, true to my word, I came home and checked the Gravity of this and found it was at 1.012 like yesterday. Because I didn’t think I’d be able to do anything with it later in the week and am heading to Paris for a week after that I figured I should go for it and whack it in the barrel. I may regret this choice as when I got down to the bottom of the FV, I noticed a few bubbles still going, which suggests that the yeast was still a little active…Oh well…
So here’s how it all went down:
I santised the barrel in question (the syphon tube, thermometre and other gubbins are in there too)
While that was going on, I set up the ‘area’ and boiled ~80g of Brewer’s sugar in 200ml of water and left it to cool.
Moved the FV to the table.
Opened it up and had a look. The bubbles up top should’ve told me not to do it really, but I’m tired and impatient…
Temperature probe and the aquariam heater.
Barrel done with sanitising and all rinsed out, we’re ready to go.
Little suck on the end of the hose and we’re in business.
Arty shot of the barrel filling up.
When it’s all full up, it goes back to the trusty boiler room to do some secondary fermenting.
And I get a treat for a job well done: